Frequently Asked Questions
Q : What are the trade agreements SACU Member States are party to?
- SADC Protocol on Trade (SADC Countries) signed in 1996
- Common Market of the South (Mercosur) signed in 2004 with Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA) signed in 2006 with Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Liechtenstein
- Trade, Investment, and Development Cooperative Agreement (TIDCA) signed in 2008 with the United States of America
Q : Is SACU currently negotiating trade agreements? If so, with who?
A : Yes, SACU is negotiating the following agreements:
- Tripartite Free Trade Agreement (TFTA) with East Africa Community (EAC), Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), Rest of Southern African Development Community (SADC) Countries
- SACU – India with India
- Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) with the European Union